Guests coming over and running out of dinner ideas for hosting? Look no further than this delicious, quick, no-hassle seared tuna steak recipe by Instagram chef Stephanie Nass. Tuna steak is a healthy choice of protein that fits nearly all dietary types…hello health-conscious eaters! Tuna is extremely low in fat, and filled with Omega-3s and vitamin B12, making it one of the most desirable choices of protein among many diets and lean produce choices in the market.
There are various ways in which tuna steak can be cooked as it is a very versatile protein but this seared recipe is one of the most popular and easiest ways to cook it. Tuna steaks are usually cooked to have a crispy, savory outside layer with soft pink inside layers. Cooking it this way prevents any dryness and enhances the texture and flavor. Give the recipe below a try!
Mix of spices: coarse salt, black pepper, red pepper, dried garlic, dried onions
- Heat grill pan on medium-high heat for 10 minutes before cooking steak.
- While pan is heating, sprinkle tuna steak generously on both sides with preferred seasoning.
- Add oil to grill pan.
- Once tuna is seasoned, place tuna steak on hot grill pan- sizzling sound is a good indication that it’s cooking right away.
- Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, depending on how think the tuna steak is. For medium-rare, cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Keep in mind it will keep cooking for a short while after taken off the heat. Also, make sure not to overcook it as it can get dry easily.
- Tuna steaks are filling in itself but pair this with a side of vegetables for an easy and quick meal.
Pan seared tuna is absolutely delicious even as leftovers, it can be eaten cold with salads or sandwiches in the following days. We are sure you will love this dish- it’s guilt free and delicious! Try it and let us know your thoughts below.