The modern rhythm of life makes each of us constantly in a hurry and only leaves a little time for exercise. And although many argue that it would be a matter of desire, in fact, this is not the case. Going to the gym is not calculated only by the time spent there, and it would be best if you also considered how much strength it will take to get to the place of training and then recover to continue to work.
Therefore, if the process of getting physical activity itself fits into 40-60 minutes, the total waste of time is usually up to 2-3 hours.
However, staying in good shape is essential not only for your health but also for improving performance. Below are seven simple exercises that can be performed at home without additional equipment.
The Benefits of Exercising at Home
Creating physical activity at home has many advantages. First, it saves a lot of time to go to sports clubs or fitness centers. Second, it is convenient because you can exercise at a time that suits you and without waiting in line for machines. Finally, it saves money on subscriptions and equipment.
7 Simple Exercises to Stay in Shape at Home
- Squats. Stand up straight, spread your legs shoulder-width apart, and slowly squat down, keeping your back straight. Stand in front of a wall, which prevents you from falling forward, a frequent mistake of beginners. Repeat ten times.
- Push-ups. Place your palms on the floor, spread your feet shoulder-width apart, and slowly lower yourself, keeping your back straight. Do ten repetitions.
- Plank. Lie on the floor and raise your body by resting your elbows and toes. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Jumps. Sit down and slowly jump upward while raising your arms above your head. Repeat this a dozen times.
- Running in place. Run on the spot for 1 minute, lifting your knees as high as possible.
- Light exercises for abs. Lie on the floor, bend your knees, and lift your head and shoulders. Perform ten repetitions.
- Stretching. Warm up and stretch your muscles by sitting on the floor and reaching for your feet, lying on your back, and stretching your arms out to the sides, as well as your neck and shoulder area.
Regularity and Rationality of Exercise
But remember that the most critical thing in keeping fit is regularity. Performing these seven exercises is not a panacea, but following the regime, you can achieve good results if you do them day after day. It is also worth remembering the need for various activities so that you do not get used to the same set of exercises and maintain motivation.
In conclusion, keeping fit at home is not only possible but also very easy to achieve. Performing the simple exercises described in this article, combined with a proper diet and daily regimen, will help maintain health and increase performance.